From the Society Of Abidance in Truth (see Brilliant Links)
I am not a god (an immortal), not, indeed, a mortal, not a demon, not a ghandarva, not a yaksa, not a variety of devil, Not, indeed, a man, not a woman, [and] also not a hermaphrodite; Superior, of a shining (illuminating) nature, Siva I am. -Adi Shankacharya (picture above)

Protein People

Sorry for the inconvenience, scroll down below the protein pics (colorful ribbon images) to get to the actual posts. An archive is on the right side. Even if you click on one, you have to scroll down from the top past the images to see the post ("Nothing is My Lover is the Last One").
Below are the Cellular Citizens, dwellers in Prokaryotic Villages, and Eukaryotic Metropolii. Worshippers of the Bible Genome, on it's many Chromosomal Bookshelves. Some really large and naive folks call them protein molecules.

self portrait of Ribosome

self portrait of Ribosome
It drew itself.

DNA Polymerase playing

DNA Polymerase playing

I clot blood

I clot blood
It's my job

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

The sight culprit

The sight culprit

I digest your food

I digest your food
A thankless job

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

Fold Other Proteins

Fold Other Proteins

Nothing is my Lover!

Nothing is my Lover!
Created by Cee at Present Nonexistence (See Brilliant Links)

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000
I'm busy right now

Friday, September 11, 2009

Evil Behavior

I decided, since it's been so helpful to me, I'm going to post one e-mail exchange between me and Nome periodically or even everday I post. (I believe he is fully Realized, a jnani, it's O.K. if others don't) In this one I asked a question about a teacher that I felt had showed sadism in regards to animals. He responded:

Dear Kassy,
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
Namaste. Thank you for both of your recent messages.
It is good that you are delving into the four requisites (sadhana)for Realization and the application of them in your own spiritual practice.It is also beneficial to deepen your practice by examining the previousviews of spiritual practice, Realization, and yourself in order to discardlimitations, while retaining that which is fruitful.
When in ignorance, beings use the instruments of action (body,speech, and mind) in foolish and karma-producing ways, because of theirdelusion. Due to that delusion, they do not even perceive how deluded theirviews and activities are. The very basis, that of doing unto others as onewould have others do unto oneself, is not grasped by them. Such dwell intheir own suffering, oblivious of the nature of the true Self and even thepurpose of life. Deserving of compassion, even the compassion they do notshow toward others, they are like characters in a dream who are, themselves,dreaming and talking in their sleep.
The resolution comes from Knowledge of the Self, which istranscendent of the bodies of all and is not confined or defined by life ordeath. This shines as immovable peace and eternal freedom.
If the desire for Liberation is strong and consistent, all that isneeded will manifest within you.
Ever yours in Truth,
Nome

"Deserving of compassion, even the compassion they do notshow toward others, they are like characters in a dream who are, themselves,dreaming and talking in their sleep." I just want to emphasize how profound I just found that. I never really noticed the full implication. I'm dreaming in this waking state, and the people i perceive as 'evil' or 'mean' or 'sadistic' are other characters in the dream who are dreaming and talking in their sleep. wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramana Maharshi

Ramana Maharshi

Eve Libertine

Eve Libertine

Antonin Artaud

Antonin Artaud

Shirley Jackson

Shirley Jackson

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

David Lynch

David Lynch
 
Site Meter