Picture is of Michael Corleone. I've had alot of discussions with people lately regarding my attempts to deepen spiritually, it's been the main focus of my existence, is to transcend the ego, and it's suffering and selfishness. And then, I will be exposed to differing perspectives, and it becomes more difficult for me to close myself off, and say that I don't relate with this point of view, or that I think that perspective is incorrect, or invalid in light of my own attempts and understanding.
What one person may be using in terms of language, for instance the Islam of Malcom X, the non-patriarchal spirituality in the Comics and Serendipity blog, Self-Inquiry within Advaita Vedanta Hinduism, the canonical gospels as well as the Gnostic ones, anarchist politics which is also deeply spiritual, genuine free-spiritedness not easy to achieve. I may or may not draw comics, I may or may not go to Church, but I can relate with differing perspectives. In Christianity, I can relate with penitence (saying I'm sorry, and forgiveness of others), as well as ritual.
background music that inspired these thoughts.
Perhaps a good way of putting it, is that I earnestly practice to become a better, subtler, more creatively free, more ideologically elusive, happier, kinder person, and use whatever wisdom, etc. I find helpful in this regard. By practice with earnestness, what I know that I should practice, that earnestness takes over, so that eventually, there is only earnestness, and all the other insecure patterns fall off, and all I see is earnestness, and I find and talk to the earnestness, and see only the earnestness in others, in the world. That earnestness extends into what I wear, dressing interesting after an Autism Specialist pointed out that I should do so. It extends into the way I conduct relationship, fluidly, and without expectation.
The hatred, the violence, the perpetration, the self-hatred and abuse, the sorrow they start to not even exist in the world as I perceive it. So if I'm talking to people, and they want to talk about Christianity, I talk about, and experience the earnestness in Christianity. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged", and in any other point of view, someone talks to me using a certain kind of language, I hear that spark of earnestness in what they are saying, and it's as if there is only earnestness, and for fun, it has decided to get to know itself. When I hear that drawing comics has the ability to awaken that spark in the right hemisphere of the brain, I think to myself, maybe I should start to practice drawing. Since I don't recognize the bad, either for or against it, my existence becomes one constant, continuous, neverending, joyful opportunity, fluidly interacting with trillions of concepts, and myself in other people.
Journal
No comments:
Post a Comment