Here is a picture of the p53 protein bound to DNA, it activates the transcription of genes that are involved in protecting the mammalian body against cancer. I think I was interested in molecular biology because what is life? what is non-life? I wanted to understand what the sciences had to say about what life is, and how it arose. It's funny, now that I know the general picture, my interest has waned, but now I'm stuck! But that's O.K, because it may lead to some kind of job opportunity, but my continuing in this field, is no longer because my interest is intensely aroused, but rather it's going through the motions, keeping the body alive, playing out my prarabdha kharma. From wikipedia on prarabdha karma.According to Sri Swami Sivananda: "Prarabdha is that portion of the past karma which is responsible for the present body. That portion of the sanchita karma which influences human life in the present incarnation is called prarabdha. It is ripe for reaping. It cannot be avoided or changed. It is only exhausted by being experienced. You pay your past debts. Prarabdha karma is that which has begun and is actually bearing fruit.
Journal
No comments:
Post a Comment