Arjuna:In what manner does an illumined soul Live in the world?
Krishna:
Not shaken by adversity,Not hankering after happiness.Free from fear, free from anger,Free from the things of desire.I call him a seer and illumined.
The bonds of his flesh are broken.He is lucky and does not rejoiceHe is unlucky and does not weepI call him illumined.
The tortoise can draw in his legs.The seer can draw in his senses.I call him illumined.
The abstinent run away from what they desire.But carry their desires with them. When a man enters Reality,He leaves his desires behind him.
Even a mind that knows the path can be dragged from the path.The senses are so unruly.But he controls the sensesAnd recollects the mindAnd fixes it on me.I call him illlumined....
When he has no lust, no hatred,A man walks safely among the things of lust and hatred.To obey the Atman is his peaceful joy.Sorrow melts into that clear peace.His quiet mind is soon established in peace....
Journal
No comments:
Post a Comment