Photo is of what I've been doing alot of , which is streaking agar plates with bacteria, and observing their growth. It's pretty interesting.Here is such a comment, "I was just thinking about several things that struck me as interesting, in light of Inquiry, and Ramana Maharshi. I was just thinking about how one of the things the people who Realized the Self have in common, the one's who had to practice that is, is that they really went for it. I was also thinking about how there is the intellectual understanding, and then there is the experiential understanding even un-Realized. For instance, with Lakshmana Swami, he had that experience where the name of Ram drove the evil spirit away, and after that, he was really intense about chanting the name of Ram, and practicing breath control. Things change, when something shows you that the world taken to be real, is not solid in the way other people think it is. I was also thinking about how different things lead to Self-Inquiry. For instance in my own case, I had an experience in my early twenties, where the world no longer seemed real, and it was a terrifying experience for me, because I didn't have anyway of understanding it, it seemed like the world was in my imagination, it was short glimpses, not Realization. So I eventually took up doing yoga classes on a regular basis, then tai chi, then chi gong, acupuncture, finally vipassana meditation. Eventually I was doing Vipassana meditation in the mornings and the evenings. It wasn't a choice, things weren't going O.K, if I didn't constantly spiritually progress. Then almost fatefully I was taken to a place that had a spiritual teacher I'm convinced is Realized, and through that was exposed to the teachings of Ramana Maharshi, which I tried to practice, but until I contacted that teacher (e-mail), there was alot that was incorrect and repressive about my practice (still is). I was just thinking that even if one does not know of Inquiry but practices Hatha Yoga dilligently, sincerely. They will eventually be exposed to Inquiry in one form or another. I only know of the form Ramana taught, but I imagine that in one form or another, a sincere practicer will get exposed because it has to lead to Inquiry, as in a thorough diving in to one's own Consciousness, to reveal what is only consciousness, and not forms. I was also thinking about how even though Ramana advised against neti, neti. Any of those previous descriptions of Inquiry really work, and in a sense are part and parcel of doing Inquiry, but the sincerity is the deciding factor. If I really investigate, am I the body? Is the world real? Who am I? Am I this imaginary entity, the individual I take myself to be? That is where Inquiry has taken over. It's not really a method, it's more of a finding out that I'm not particularized, I'm not a person. For me, my first exposure as in written teachings to Inquiry, although less direct, it certainly was Inquiry was through the Four Agreements. The Four Agreements were not a practice, but an Inquiry. So I assume Don Miguel Ruiz is the Self without a trace of ego.
Journal
Glad to know you are commenting on that blog,
ReplyDeleteI am the one who gets entangled there in the name of Baskar.
Peace and Happiness to you.
Regards,
Good to see you Baskar, yeah, I've only noticed you recently posting on David Godman's blog, but not so much in the past. Are you newer there? It's a great blog. I also like that you too are a Ribhu Gita nerd. It starts with Ramana, Ramana is a gateway drug, but is also the ultimate habit at the same time.
ReplyDeleteYes, I've been following for quite sometime, but only lately I got dragged into this...
ReplyDeleteRegards,