From the Society Of Abidance in Truth (see Brilliant Links)
I am not a god (an immortal), not, indeed, a mortal, not a demon, not a ghandarva, not a yaksa, not a variety of devil, Not, indeed, a man, not a woman, [and] also not a hermaphrodite; Superior, of a shining (illuminating) nature, Siva I am. -Adi Shankacharya (picture above)

Protein People

Sorry for the inconvenience, scroll down below the protein pics (colorful ribbon images) to get to the actual posts. An archive is on the right side. Even if you click on one, you have to scroll down from the top past the images to see the post ("Nothing is My Lover is the Last One").
Below are the Cellular Citizens, dwellers in Prokaryotic Villages, and Eukaryotic Metropolii. Worshippers of the Bible Genome, on it's many Chromosomal Bookshelves. Some really large and naive folks call them protein molecules.

self portrait of Ribosome

self portrait of Ribosome
It drew itself.

DNA Polymerase playing

DNA Polymerase playing

I clot blood

I clot blood
It's my job

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

The sight culprit

The sight culprit

I digest your food

I digest your food
A thankless job

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

Fold Other Proteins

Fold Other Proteins

Nothing is my Lover!

Nothing is my Lover!
Created by Cee at Present Nonexistence (See Brilliant Links)

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000
I'm busy right now

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ribhu Gita (Tamil Version) 31:28-35


Translated by Dr. H Ramamoorthy and Nome (Society of Abidance in Truth)

If the appearance of the world, which is a consequence of concepts (sankalpa),
Affects you in the least,
Immediately eliminate these by considering
All this as the partless Supreme Brahman
And [knowing] I am that Brahman.
If the deadly disease of mind flares up still,
Destroy it by taking the wonderful medicine
Of meditation on the undivided Supreme.

If any illusions of difference
Arise in the mind due to delusion,
Sweep them aside immediately
By contemplation of the pure Supreme Brahman, and be your own
Self.
If, due to nescience, the body and such appear as the Self,
Be rid of this nescience, at once,
By establishing yourself in the contemplation of the Self
that is the expanse of Consciousness,
And be your own True Nature.

If the evil adversary, the ego,
Enervates and envelopes you,
Instantly rend it asunder by the sword of contemplation--
"I am Brahman"--
and abide in your own nature.
If the hard knots of mind harass you,
With courage, cut through them in a moment
With the discus of the contemplation of the Supreme,
And be established in your natural Self.

If the illusion
That the body and such are "I" persists,
Immediately kill this illusion
With the conviction that I am the one, perfectly full, Absolute.
If the ghost of the non-Self appears,
Quickly drive it away
By the mantra of contemplation of the Self,
And shine as the Self of immaculate nature.

Even if the ghost of diverse doubts
Assails and frightens you,
Lay the ghost of doubt to rest fearlessly
By the mantra of the contemplation of the Absolute
If the fickle phantom of duality follows you further,
Subdue it, today, undaunted,
Byt the sacred ashes of nondual meditation,
And remain as the powerful one.

They who, with all their attention, listen daily to this certitude
of the One Absolute, By the endless strategies here described,
Will attain complete Brahman-Knowledge,
And, rid of all attachments, become the Supreme themselves.
There is not the least doubt In what has been said. This is the Truth.
Is there ever any doubt at all About what the omniscient Sambamurti (Siva)
has pronounced?

Only those who have realized as their own selves
The Supreme Siva, who is the creator, preserver of all,
Who remains without an atom of difference,
The peaceful Existence-Knowledge-Bliss,
Will become that Supreme Siva.
Who is undivided and blissful.
Thus did Ribhu propound to Nidagha the unparalleled Supreme Reality.

It is the undivided form of the Lord of gods in a state of supreme, joyous dance
that here proclaims
The certitude of the One Supreme by a string of analogies for the understanding
of all.
And that Supreme Reality, which is Existence-Knowledge-Bliss, is ever
changeless
And that this world and such never exist.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post.

    I shall be grateful if the remaining verses of chapter 26 are also posted in this blog (I find that only verses 1 to 15 are available here)

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just mentioning that, but it didn't post the comment, that the ch.26 verses 6-15 I took from the Society of abidance in truth website (an excerpt they have online), yeah, I'll post the whole chapter, will take me a little to write the whole thing out. the post last night, I walked back over to the school computer center because i read that line about "the evil adversary, the ego", and it was so in line with my current practice, that I felt the urge to put it on the blog. The deeper I get into Inquiry, the more successful I am at it, the more true the verses in the Song of Ribhu ring.

    ReplyDelete

Ramana Maharshi

Ramana Maharshi

Eve Libertine

Eve Libertine

Antonin Artaud

Antonin Artaud

Shirley Jackson

Shirley Jackson

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

David Lynch

David Lynch
 
Site Meter