From the Society Of Abidance in Truth (see Brilliant Links)
I am not a god (an immortal), not, indeed, a mortal, not a demon, not a ghandarva, not a yaksa, not a variety of devil, Not, indeed, a man, not a woman, [and] also not a hermaphrodite; Superior, of a shining (illuminating) nature, Siva I am. -Adi Shankacharya (picture above)

Protein People

Sorry for the inconvenience, scroll down below the protein pics (colorful ribbon images) to get to the actual posts. An archive is on the right side. Even if you click on one, you have to scroll down from the top past the images to see the post ("Nothing is My Lover is the Last One").
Below are the Cellular Citizens, dwellers in Prokaryotic Villages, and Eukaryotic Metropolii. Worshippers of the Bible Genome, on it's many Chromosomal Bookshelves. Some really large and naive folks call them protein molecules.

self portrait of Ribosome

self portrait of Ribosome
It drew itself.

DNA Polymerase playing

DNA Polymerase playing

I clot blood

I clot blood
It's my job

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

DNA dicer (Restriction Enzyme)

The sight culprit

The sight culprit

I digest your food

I digest your food
A thankless job

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

Happy Mitochondrial DoorFrame

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

My precious home in Glowing Bacteria

Fold Other Proteins

Fold Other Proteins

Nothing is my Lover!

Nothing is my Lover!
Created by Cee at Present Nonexistence (See Brilliant Links)

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000

Any questions? Ask HAL 9000
I'm busy right now

Thursday, April 30, 2009

To SAT: A Letter to Nome (sat@cruzio.com)


Youtube of Nome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9MrHBXZfs&feature=related

Mozart's Requiem (to make it extremely epic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d88xIIRDI9U

It's amazing the tendency to put happiness external, either in the forms of desires or worries, the happiness is already veiled. Because whatever happens it is good, because nothing can be apart from Bliss really. More and more, reminding myselfthat happiness is within, that no object, situation can provide it. if that is realized to be true, there is no bondage,because what situation has power over me, when I no longer attribute my happiness, security to it. People can kill me, I can losemy possessions, be rejected by friends, crushes, ridiculed, hated, disgraced, embarressed. Those are the big worries, I think mainly because of for so long trying on many levels to get approval from others, to be liked. Because I attributed happiness to the approval of certain individuals. So someone gives me a complement, I want to keep their approval. But wait, where is happiness,is it in the approval of others? No. I can focus on the golden rule, and inquiring into my own nature, realizing that all the happinessrequired, all the security, peace, needed is the egoless Self, and bondage is gone, I'm not tied to something, I'm not dependent on something,I have no object to lose. Then, when that is securely realized, then I'm a jivanmukta, and when the body dies, a videhamukta. The focus on happiness being within, it becomes a landmark, when it's starting to be forgotten. I start to feel insecure, the mind starts to get active, to protect what little happiness it has. The mind leaves the Self, because it's tied up it's ownsecurity, joy in something imaginary, that it is afraid of losing, or the expectation of some joyful experience that was longed for.Ironically the nature of a joyful "experience" is always in Self-abidance, because that is where joy is. As has been said, even whenan object of desire is obtained. If I abide in the Self, then all "experiences" are always supremely joyful. Maybe that is whywe no longer call them experiences, because there isn't a boundary of where the joyful "experience" begins and ends. It is, joyful.And the objective nature of the world, the stamp of reality on objects, that change, evolve, nouns, people, places and things,is based on attachment, my formless nature starts to tying itself up with some object of rajasic agitation. This is where discriminationkicks in. Where is happiness? Can it be lost? Does that object contain it? And is this personality that has these problems, doubts,worries, is this personality real, or is it imagined? Well, I have to imagine the personality, to have a personality. That seems pretty clear cut. The world, and the individual, are just a bunch of problems, habits, tendencies, attachments. I think about things, and give them reality, because I'm attached to something imaginary, which is why it makes sense that it is called ignorance, delusion, because just like any ignorance, delusion, it is something that I imagine, that I tie up my very being in. For sake of bodily functioning, the body can talk in ideas, do math problems, work on homework, eat, etc, the brain can think about what needs to get done. This is real discrimination, as opposed to repression. I don't need to repress thought, I don't need to as you put it "rivet mental attention", it's starting to make sense, and in that sense a great joy is awakening. I just need to discriminate, where is happiness? Who am I? Is this real? What is eternal? That same joy just mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramana Maharshi

Ramana Maharshi

Eve Libertine

Eve Libertine

Antonin Artaud

Antonin Artaud

Shirley Jackson

Shirley Jackson

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

David Lynch

David Lynch
 
Site Meter